Career College ranks among the top 10 best colleges in Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh and is also referred to as the best college in Bhopal for Commerce.
Internal Complaints Committee
It has the fame to be the best private college in Bhopal as it is vigilant when it comes to its students. INTERNAL COMPLAINTS COMMITTEE (ICC) In pursuance of UGC (Prevention, prohibition, and redressal of sexual harassment of women employees and students in higher educational institutions) Regulations 2015, the existing Sexual Harassment Redressal Committee (SHRC) is re-named as Internal Complaints Committee (ICC) as under to deal with the complaints relating to sexual harassment at workplace.
Sexual harassment is a crime. The Sexual harassment at the workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Act, 2013 stated:
Under the Act, the below five also count as sexual harassment:
a) Implied or explicit promise of preferential treatment in her employment.
b) Implied or explicit threat of detrimental treatment in her employment
c) Implied or explicit threat about her present or future employment status
d) Interference with her work or creating an intimidating or offensive work environment for her (for eg., the St. Stephen’s College sexual harassment case)
e) Humiliating treatment likely to affect her health or safety.
Laws under Indian Penal Code (IPC)
Section 354 (A): A man committing any physical contact, advances involving unwelcome and explicit sexual overtures; or demanding or requesting sexual favours; or showing pornography against the will of a woman; or making sexually coloured remarks, shall be guilty of the offence of sexual harassment. (Punishment: Rigorous imprisonment for a term which may extend to three years)
Section 209: Obscene acts in any public place, singing obscene songs to the annoyance of others (Punishment: Imprisonment for a term of up to 3 months or fine, or both).
Section 509: Uttering any word or making any gesture intended to insult the modesty of a woman. (You cannot call her “mast".) Punishment: Imprisonment for 1 year, or fine, or both.)
The Indecent Representation of Women (Prohibition) Act (1987)
If an individual harasses another with books, photographs, paintings, films, pamphlets, packages, etc. containing ‘indecent representation of women’; they are liable for a minimum sentence of two years.
1. To make college campus safe for the students and staff, especially females.
2. To deal with the complaints of sexual harassments according to the guidelines of UGC.
3. To process all the individual complaints and take immediate suitable action.
4. To provide assistance to the students and staff for taking preventive steps in the matter of gender discrimination and sexual harassment.
5. To make them aware about the guidelines of Supreme Court and to ensure that sexual harassment is treated as an unacceptable social behavior within the institution and the society.
6. To organize training/ workshop according to SAKSHAM (UGC Measures for Ensuring the Safety of Women and Programmes for Gender Sensitization on Campus)
Member from NGO Dr. Sangeeta Singh (Gynecologist and Mrs India Earth Intelligence, 2018)
Lawyer Dr. Rajiv Jain